Saturday, February 16, 2013

Robin left us!

Since my last post, ages ago, my life has been chaotic, as I went back to work. Time to time my heart complains with all the stress and tiredness, but in the whole it is coping very well.

So, my stitching is on hold for the moment and I have nothing new to show you.

My 2013 hasn't started in the best way, because right in the first weekend of the year Robert got so sick to the point of almost having to go under surgery again. Fortunately treatment and constant care prevented that.

Last Saturday robin vomited a few times and looked poorly and in pain and I noticed I could have shingles. Robert stayed home with Robin and friends took me to emergency, as everywhere else was closed, being a Saturday. After 4 hours in the waiting room I was eventually examined  by the doctor and he confirmed I had shingles. Then I rushed home to take robin to the vet with Robert.

Since then and until Wednesday of afternoon it was sheer hell. Although he had saline drips, to keep him hydrated, intravenous painkillers and antibiotic, etc., Robin didn't sleep even for a minute and was in constant pain and suffering intermittant convulsions so requiring our constant vigilance and comfort. As you can image the pain caused by my shingles and sometimes high fever was completely put aside.

Then by Wednesday afternoon the vet took him over to give him a light anaesthetic so he could sleep for a few hours without feeling the pain. Later in the day when robin started to wake up he started to cry and yelp out as he had done previously. Before placing him in an induced comma the vet made some tests and confirmed his early suspicions that the kidneys had failed along with other complications.

On Thursday afternoon, Valentine's Day, robin passed away peacefully in his induced sleep.

I had the honour of sharing my life with Robin for 12 years and all the blessings, love and happy times he gave me.

Rest in peace my little one!
Forget me not...





                                                         (Portrait painted by "daddy")



8 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm so sorry your Robin has passed away. So sorry you've been having such hard times too. I hope your shingles are better now and that Robert is back to healthy as well. I love the portrait Robert made of Robin.

Krista said...

I am so sorry to hear that Robin passed away. So hard when our fur babies become ill, but she is in peace now and not suffering. I hope you and Robert will both feel better soon. Take care of yourselves.

Terri said...

So sorry for your loss!! Hugs and prayers!

Anne said...

Oh Cristina. How awful. I'm sorry to hear you lost your dear Robin. At least she is no longer suffering. Shingles is terrible too. I've had them twice. You take care of yourself. Sending you hugs and prayers.

N E E D L E P R I N T said...

Oh Cristina I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Shingles make you feel depressed enough in themselves without other things happening to bring you down. A big hug for you.

Barb said...

So sorry. Loosing a dear pet is very difficult!

valerie said...

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news about Robin. And you and Robert being so sick. Hope you're both on the mend. *hugs*

Karoline said...

I'm so sorry to hear this {{{hugs}}}